Friday, December 30, 2005

Is the Customer always right ??

We have a store down the street whose motto is The customer is always right. It is called Stew Leonard's (http://www.stewleonards.com/) In fact they have a three ton granite rock in front of the store that says "Rule #1 -- The Customer is Always Right"; Rule #2 - If the Customer is Ever Wrong, Re-Read Rule #1."

But lately when I go in there I wonder if it is true anymore. Today I went in and I had two crates of clementines. I asked the bagger to put the crates in a bag because it was easier to carry them. She had put her sticker on that showed that it had been paid for so she said no. I guess to her it is either sticker or bag. Well, I got my own bags and put them in and she said "You have your way and I have my way." So I said is that your new motto because if you look at that sticker you are putting on paid items it says " THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT"

But she was clueless.. Stew, I think you need to have your employees read your rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home