Monday, January 16, 2006

Scandal

A lot of people would not admit that they were curious about Brad Pitt and Angeline Jolie. But who were the 17 million people who logged into People Magazine's web site in one day when they reported Jolie was pregnant.

I must admit I am curious and I admit I read People Magazine. They say that there are 8 readers for every issue of People Magazine. They way they get that figure is: Readers-Per-Copy (RPC) – the average number of readers who read/look into an average issue of a magazine. Formula: RPC X circulation = average issue audience.

I used to work for Time Inc Magazines which is the publisher of People Magazine. We used to get all the magazines delivered to our mailboxes. Let me tell you that as soon as People was delivered the word went out and everyone ran to their mailboxes. The only other time everyone would run to the mailnox was when the Swimsuit Issue of Sports Illustrated came out. The men ran so they could compare the women. (This was before it was considered sexual harassment ). The woman would run and get theirs before they were stolen or to look at the bathing suits. Well, maybe some of them had lust in their hearts.

I wonder if this scandal matches Liz Taylor and Eddie Fisher. And did Jennifer feel like Debbie Reymolds did? Will this scandal last as long or are have our morals changed too much?

When I see Debbie Reynolds I still think about it. (This was in 1958 and I was hardly born) Liz and Debbie seem to be good friends now. Will Jennifer and Angeline be good friends 30 years from now? I doubt it because I think it is different if there is a baby involved.

Well, I guess I will still have to read People magazine. I am lucky because I go to a doctor's office at least every other week and that is the first magazine I pick up. Maybe I am not so lucky.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home