Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Golden Globes

Did you watch the Golden Globes? My daughter and I always like to watch them. Now that she is in her 30's we do it over the telephone. We are usually on our cell phones or we are text messaging. We have that plan where you can talk to anyone that has the same plan for free.

i think it was OK. My daughter thought it was boring. She was just glad that Donald Sutherland didn't win anything. She says he gives her the creeps. I can't see it since I always think of him as Hawkeye Pierce in the movie MASH.

Thema (Geena Davis) won Best Actress in a Drama Series. She had a funny speech. .She start with telling everyone that on the way in a little girl in her first party dress (I may have the dress part wrong_) tugged at her dress and said because of you I want to be the President of the United States. Everyone said awww... and then she said she made it up.

Paul Newman won Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Miniseries or TV Movie. Of course, he wasn't there but I thought it was funny that they said Paul isn't here tonight he is home in Connecticut. Don't you think that is wierd?

Did you see Drew Barrymore ? I think she better start wearing a bra. She certainly could not pass the pencil test. On the other hand we know Gwyneth Paltrow was wearing a bra because her bra strap was showing.

I am so glad Hugh Laurie won for Best Actor in a Drama Series. I love his show, House.

I guess there was a big upset for the Desperate housewive's ladies. Mary Louise Parker won the award for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy Series against all housewives. Don't worry they won Best Musical or Comedy TV Series. I wonder what it is a musical or a conedy?

John Travolta looked really good presenting Joaquin Phoenix the Best Actor in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy. When did Joaquin change his name back to Joaquin. Remember when he was Leaf. His brother was River and he has a sister, Rain. River died of an overdose in front of Johnny Depp's Club in LA. That was so sad. My daughter had such a crush on him but she insists now she didn't but I remember. Anyway, I remember all the kids had weird names. Now that I think of it they weren't that weird. Remember Frank Zappa' kid's names. One was Moon Unit and I think there was Diva Muffin and Dweezil. For some reason Dweezil doesn't sound that funny. I must have gotten used to it over the years.

I loved Larry McMurtry's speech for winning Best Screenplay along with Dianna Ossana for Brokeback Mountain which also won best picture. He also wrote Lonesome Dove which is one of my favorite books. Anyway Larry thanked his typewriter which he has been using for over 30 years. It was a Hermes 3000. I had a Hermes, too. I don't remember the model. I am sure it is in this house somewhere.

I really have to go to sleep now. I am coming off the steriods and I am crashing all the time. I could sleep all day and night.

Good Night. Good Night, Norah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home