Friday, January 20, 2006

Japanese Noodles

I was watching TV tonight and I heard that there are some delicious Japanese noodles that are only 40 calories. There are some good receipes on Hungry Girl. I decided to check this out because I have gained so much weight on the Prednisone. I look like Shrek.

It seems these noodles are hard to find. I guess Amazon picked up on that because you can get them there. Today the have a ranking of number number 1 in the gormet foods. But check out the reviews. I really liked this one: "I tried these ...... The smell is pretty bad but I could get past that; it's the fact that it would be easier to eat rubber that got to me. I tried one bite and spit it out. My husband tried it and it took him forever to chew up one bite, we threw the rest in the trash. Sounds good when you read about it, and I have a pretty tough stomach, but even this was just too much for me. Don't waste your money. "

One of the stores the company (House Foods) said carried it, is my favorite store Stew Leonards. You can read about my little tiff I have with them here. So the next time I am in there I will look for them. I doubt if I will find them because everyone seems to be looking for them. Just what we need is more people in Stew Leonards. As it is, I have to go there 7 in the morning or after 10 pm. The best time is in the middle of a snow storm.

I will let you know what I think they taste like. I will be looking for them on Martha Stewart.

1 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess the noodles help in the dieting process, since you have to expend as many calories chewing as you consume.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home