Thursday, February 02, 2006

Just please do it

Today has been the worse day. I am in the hospital and I can't seem to get anything I ask for.
Supposedly, you press the nurses button and then someone comes on the little intercom on your thinghy and you can tell them your needs. The thinghy has the light switches and TV channel switches and speaker for the TV. Trouble is that the intercom for the nurse's station and TV is coming out of the same speaker. Therefore if they are looking for someone you will not get to hear what your favorite character is saying.

It really is awful. When you are in the hospital you would like to try at night to fade out watching TV. No such luck with them coming over the intercom every few minutes.

Also I found that when you ask for something it does not mean they will relay that request. I had such a bad night last night that this morning I talked to a patient rep. I never had to complain so much. But it didn't seem to help because tonight I was supposed to finally get some food after 5 days. I had a window of six hours because I can't have anything after midnight because I am having a procedure tomorrow. Well, no food came. They said they called and no food again. I just about started to cry because I was so frustrated and they found some Jello.

I really am sick of asking for something that you would think would be so simple and it not happening. In my other hospital they were very good. It was just that the doctors didn't know how to treat me so they sent me to a larger center.

Then it is the choice of drugs or how you want them. IV, tablet or mixed in OJ ?? If I say mixed in OJ I mean it. Don't come back and say I thought you might like it this other way. You probably brought it to me your way because you forgot what I wanted. I really don't need the stress of dealing with it.

Everyone thinks they know better. They have no idea about what I have but they think I should go to the Mayo Clinc. They think the Mayo will cure all. It is so stupid and I really get tired even talking about it. If I want their opinion I am sure I would ask for it. (For my Lyme I have a number of people I get opinions from)

I guess everyone has people in their lives that can run it better. I have one that thinks if I move in with him I will be OK. NOT! I think it has to do with people not being able to control their own lives so they try and control someone elses. Get a dog!

Or maybe when their children are grown they need someone else to boss around. Some people still like to control their kids when they are in their thirties. I really try not to. My mother was really good about not interfering in our lives. She had such an interesting life so she didn't have to live through other peoples, I guess. My daughter and I have a pretty good relationship. She lets me know when she doesn't like something and I listen to her. At least I hope she thinks that. She will tell me because she reads this. She said the people are impressed when she says her Mom has a blog. Hey, that would make a good song. My mom has a blog, oh yeah.

It has now been 15 mins until I asked the stranger in the gadget to ask my nurse to get me a pain shot. At least now I have a walker so in a few minutes I am getting up to take a picture of the stranger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home