Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Annie

I think I talked about Annie before. She is one of my friends wonderful daughters.

The other night my friend called to get my address. I started my spiel about not sending anything when she stopped me and said that Annie had been working hard on a card for me. Well, how could I stop her. When I am in the Norwalk Hospital her grandmother who works there will bring me what the girls make. Last time Annie made me a card and had pasted empty candy wrappers in it. It was wonderful.

To get back to what happened the other night. Annie, who is around 6, was making her card for me and she sent her mother down to the car to get her wallet. She makes money by selling her works of art. (I do think she will be a millionaire by 12.)
Annie had 11 dollars and she wanted to give it all to me. I think she is really worried about me since I am in a hospital that is far away from her and even her grandmother can't visit. Also I am sure she has heard that since I have been in this hospital I have gotten worse and they can't even treat me for what I came here for. Poor Annie. I know her sister is worried too. I have been in the hospital so much you would think I was dying. Most of it is what the hospital or the doctors have done to me.

Annie's mother called and made me tell Annie that I didn't need the money. I had a hard time convincing her. I told her that her cards our the best medicine for me. And it really is so true. The cards that she and her sister make me are just wonderful. I smile for days and hang them up so I can always see them. I make all the nurses and doctors look at them.

Thank you Annie and Jane. I miss you a lot. I miss our trips to Wild Oats. I am looking forward to the next craft fair that we can all go to.

UPDATE:

Annie's mother called this morning and told me Annie still put the money in the envelope. I guess I was not that convincing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home