Monday, February 06, 2006

The Flu

The last time I had the Flu was in grade school and I don't know if I really ever had it. To get out of school I would say my stomach hurt. My mother would bring me to the doctors and he said I had the Flu. I think that was the first time I realized that doctors had no idea what they were doing.

Well, I got the flu here. I had a 103 temp. I don't remember ever having such a high fever. All the doctors agreed this morning that I got it here along with C. Diff. I am not waiting for Pneumonia. I was coughing all night and I am having a hard time breathing. They are going to be giving me the Flu medicine.

I really am glad my girlfriends didn't come this past weekend. They have kids and I know they would love to have a kid home from school for a week.

My friend Lee is smart enough to know what visiting the hospital can bring. She already has Lyme so she sure doesn't need the Flu.

I am also glad my daughter didn't get guilted into coming up here. It would have been awful for her since she doesn't have health insurance and doesn't get paid if she is out.

I do miss Lee's mother-in-law. She works at the Norwalk Hospital and would visit me all the time when I was there. We both fight over her grandchildren. They are so cute. I babysat for them and they were a riot. Annie, the younger one, made me get in the pool. It was really cold. She said she was going to come in and then she didn't. She just stood on the ladder and laughed at me and her sister. Yeah, we were fools for listening to her. She can be tricky.

Did you see this superbowl ad? I bet it would have made Norah cry if she saw it. We love to cry at commercials. We use to watch those Hallmarck movies just so we could cry at the commercials.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home