Saturday, February 04, 2006

I want my veins back

I just want to go home. I am so sick of answering questions. Did so and so come? What did he say? I feel like I am doing my SATs. What happened in 1996? What happened last month?

Last night I had my second cat scan.this week. When they put the dye in my fifth vein went. Oh did that hurt!

Now it seems that I have an air bubble in my bladder. Why? I have no idea. How would I know? Now it seems we are back 10 years. I wish my surgeon was here. I really only trust him and I know he has my best interest at heart.

I really don't want another operation but with all these surgeons coming in and out I think they just might do it while I am asleep. Well, one thing I know for sure. No one is overlooking me. The top surgeon and the top GI doctor are on the case.

My friend, Tom, wrote. He seems to be doing OK. He is working on Martha's Vineyard doing finish work on a 20+ million home in Chapaquidick on the water. Sounds really nice.

He was telling me that there are a lot of signs about Lyme Disease on the ferry. I know that Nantucket is filled with Lyme. The prevalence of Lyme disease on Nantucket is about 14.3 percent, one of the highest reported incidences of the illness in the country. My boss has a house there and his family lives there in the summer. His wife has been treated for Lyme a number of times.

My friend's girlfriend got a job here at Yale doing a study on Lyme. They are trying to see who is susceptible to it. She was telling me that they fill the mice container with ticks. Then they dissect them. Ugh.

It is so nice that Larry comes to visit me. He got me a nice new laptop. It is wireless and they support wireless in the hospital. Cool. The IT guys at work are really most supportative. The first day I came to work they had everything ready for me. In November when I had to go to the hospital, they got together and sent me everything so I could work and bunches of candy.

The team just left. They tried to get some blood but no such luck

I am waiting for one of my users to bring their computer to see if I can get it to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home